Thursday, December 20, 2012

Life in the Midst of Stone Cold Pain


This year has been filled with a lot of death...I don't know how else to say it...Sandy Hook is the latest and has surely impacted all of us...as a nation...especially for parents, teachers and students....we as humans can all relate...

Two days before Sandy Hook, my brother was buried...he was a quiet guy...and he left this earth quietly...I was shocked..that he was even ill...having no warning was difficult...

And as I reflected on Sandy Hook...I understood their shock at losing a loved one...but I still can't imagine the pain for how their loved ones left this earth..both young and old...in a brutal way

In between my brother's passing and Sandy Hook, my cousin passed away...his passing was forewarned and one in which his loved ones were prepared...still a great pain and loss..but a prepared one...a little more gentle of a passing...

My friend passed away suddenly in May...she died of mitro valve prolapse...harshly leaving behind a husband and four young children...and an identical twin sister and other family.

Death came in so many ways this year...fast, slow, with warning..without warning..merciful...merciless...for the young and old...

But it also gave us life...more of it to celebrate...in the midst of pain...warmth has covered our hearts as loved ones embrace each other...as strangers offer kindness...

And the heart is consoled...with hugs, tears, smiles,  words, food, songs, faith, hope, love and ...prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment